URBAN ANALYTICS & DATA
Key Research Areas:
- Urban Analytics & Data stream develops and promotes standards and systems that make it technically possible and economically feasible to publish Open Services through standardized interfaces. This approach signifies that for-profit companies can publish their services openly, without publishing their confidential or business-sensitive data. The solutions will be based on the use of open standards.
- IoT, Digital twins and Open Services are the cornerstone technologies for implementing what we call the System of systems (SoS). SoS is a set of standards, recommendations and services implemented as so-called micro-services that can be easily integrated with existing IoT platforms and other relevant systems, also supporting the concept of serverless computing.
- Many of the non-technical challenges are in reality business challenges.
- Adding value to big data and other more conventional data sets by including different socio-economic and sensor-based built-environment data-streams into existing data pools is another core research topic of this stream.
Research team lead: Adjunct Professor Kary Främling (Aalto, Computer Science)
"Urban Analytics & Data research in smart cities" Adjunct Prof. Kary Främling
Key research contributors:
- Prof. Robert Krimmer (TalTech, e-Governance)
- Prof. Anu Masso (TalTech, Data Governance)
- Associate Prof. Matti Rossi (Aalto, ICT)
- Post-doc Hadi Ghanbari (Aalto, ICT)
- Post-doc Avleen Malhi (Aalto, Computer Science)
- PhD Student Matti Huotari (Aalto, Computer Science)